To beat the back-to-school and end-of-summer blues, we would love you to join us for Milano EXPOsed at Old Spitalfields Market this Thursday and Friday, 3 and 4 September.
Milano EXPOsed is a unique two-day summer event celebrating the very best of Aperitivo Milanese which will see Old Spitalfields Market transformed into a huge wine bar in the style of Milan’s Navigli Milianesi.
Come along for exclusive cocktails, wines, beers and appetisers while being entertained by a DJ between 11am until 10pm. Food and drink highlights will include:
- Wine bar and wine shop Vini Italiani’s passionate sommeliers will be serving a range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks including Franciacorta and Aperol Spritz;
- A first taste of about-to-open-in-London bakery Donna Fugassa’s Focaccia with Stracchino amongst others. They are opening a bricks and mortar bakery in Dalston this October;
- Quattro Stagioni from award-winning, artisanal, pizza al taglio (by the square slice) experts Pizza Rossa who is based just around the corner in Leadenhall Market as well as being on the cusp of extensive UK-wide expansion;
- Doppiozero will be serving a selection of authentic delights all cooked in true Italian grandmother style. These will include Parmigiana aubergines; Orecchiette with tomato, mozzarella and basil and Tiramisu;
- Italian street food gods Etna Coffee’s speciality Arancini and Cannoli with Ricotta;
- Innovative and nutritious soft drinks from pearl pros Jools – think the new European frontier in bubble tea.
Milano EXPOsed is open to the public and no tickets are required for entry. Food and drinks will be served from 11am until 10pm (the DJ set will run from 6.30 to 9.30pm) on Thursday 3 and Friday 4 September 2015 at Old Spitalfields Market. Alcoholic drinks start from £3 and full aperitivo start from £7.